Tonight's Feingold friendly meal was very good and complements of Taste of Home. I can tell you I will be making this again. This is a nice combo of crunchy, salty & creamy...Linguine with garlic cream sauce YUMMY!!!
Linguine with Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup
pine nuts, toasted(I used walnuts because pine nuts are expensive)
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute spinach and onion until spinach is wilted and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth. Stir in pine nuts and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
VERDICT: This was really good, I have been asked to make this again. As I mentioned I used walnuts because I had it on hand and pine nuts are not in my budget at about $20 a pound. The sauce was so creamy and a good combo with the nuts, bacon & cream.