Who need take out when when you can make chinese at home healthier and Feingold friendly...Tonight was easy friend rice with beef & broccoli
Beef & Broccoli
2 tbps cornstarch
2 tbsp approved soy sauce
1 1/2 cup approved chicken broth
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into 3/4 inch strips
4 cups broccoli florets
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1) combine cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth & brown sugar in a small bowl; set aside
2) heat oil in the skillet over high heat; add steak and stir fry, turning to brown on all sides
3) remove steak from skillet; set aside in a warm pan; cover loosely. Leave any oil remaining after cooking in skillet
4) return skillet to medium heat; stir fry broccoli, garlic powder and ginger until tender-crisp. Add reserved cornstarch; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Return steak; heat throughly.
Serve over rice or noodles
Veggie Saute with Brown Rice
2 tsp light sesame oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 cup frozen corn
1 1/2 brown rice, cooked
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup fresh spinach, torn
1 1/4 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1) in a nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and corn and saute until the vegetable are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2) stir in the rice, peas, spinach, soy sauce and the sugar, and saute until the rice is heated through, about 3 minutes. If necessary, add a few drops of water to prevent sticking.
note: I did this tonight with a bag of frozen mixed veggies and spinach to make life a little easier
VERDICT: this was great chinese food with no delivery charge or having to tip the delivery guy...