About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Sunday, September 26, 2010

What's for dinner 9/26/2010: roasted chicken, sauteed veggies & noodles and other baking

Oh it was a busy day for my kitchen.  Today for dinner was roasted chicken (brushed with melted butter, lemon & italian seasoning) sauteed squash & asparagus & noodles & butter.

I also made whole wheat bread, cooked the bacon for the week, boiled some eggs, made some homemade cream of mushroom soup & this recipe...Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread, it was delish

Peanut butter & jelly bread in the bread machine

1 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup jelly
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp yeast

my bread machine says I have to add all the wet ingredients 1st then the dry and the yeast in a tiny hole on the top.

the verdict: delish toasted with butter

No comments:

Post a Comment