So tonight's yummy dinner was from the new copy of Clean Eating Magazine and I adapted it a bit...This is a ST2 Feingold friendly meal also.
Apricot-Glazed Shrimp w/ Snow Peas
6 oz chinese noodles
1 tbsp olive oil (original recipe called for Safflower oil)
1/2 cup minced white onion
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs shrimp (original recipe called for scallops)
1 1/2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup all-natural apricot preserves
2 cups fresh snow peas
salt & pepper to taste
1) cook noodles according to directions and set aside
2) heat oil in skillet, saute onions, garlic & ginger for about 2 minutes. Add in shrimp (or scallops) and cook until pink.
3) in a small bowl mix soy sauce & preserves
4) when shrimp are just about done, toss in snow peas & sauce and cook all the way through.
5) serve over noodles
VERDICT: very nice...the shrimp & apricot are a nice combo. I can see this also being good with chicken.
- Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...