PW's Sour Cream Noodle Bake
9 WW points (for 8 servings) or 12 WW points (for 6 points)
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (I use 5%)
- 15-ounces Hunt's tomato sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz whole wheat egg noodles
- ½ cups light sour cream
- 1-¼ cup small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cups sliced green onions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I like Tillmook brand)
Preparation InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
To assemble, add all the noodles to the prepared dish and top with the ground beef mixture and top with grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
VERDICT: OMG this was such an easy dish to make and we made them into 6 servings and they were HUGE! My kids gobbled it up and it was comfort food at it's best. Thank you Pioneer Woman for another great meal.