About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Penne with Salmon and Asparagus...pure goodness

It may not be 100% Feingold, or even 100% clean but man is this a family favorite for years...and I bet with a few minor changes you can make it Feingold & clean not to mention it's healthy & nice enough to serve to guests (and it's easy)!!!




Penne with Salmon & Asparagus

Serves 4



3 cups whole wheat penne
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (I used organic)
1/2 cup dry white wine (or even more chicken broth)
1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
3/4 lb salmon (no skin or bones)
1 cup sour cream (I use organic low fat)
3 tbsp dijon mustard
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
chives

1) cook pasta according to package

2) in a large serving bowl, add sour cream, mustard, salt & pepper

3) in a large pan heat chicken broth and wine.  Add asparagus and cook until just tender.  Transfer the asparagus (leave liquid in pan) to the bowl.

4) cook salmon in liquid until cooked all the way through

5) drain pasta and add to bowl.  Add in salmon and mix all together.

6) sprinkle with chives and serve

VERDICT: I have been making this for years when I followed weight watchers and it has always been a family favorite.  I have served this to my girlfriends and they all loved it. Oh and the portions on this are large also. If you change the wine to chicken broth and use approved brands you can make this FG friendly and I know a clean diet says a glass of wine is okay occasionally so this may actually be clean
...so I say enjoy life and have some salmon & asparagus is a lovely dish you won't even realize is "diet" food...I won't tell if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment