Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas, Artichokes & Herbs
- 1 cup organic reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, cut in half (I just threw them in, I didn't cut)
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs of choice (I use litehouse herbs)
- Whisk broth, mustard, salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in two batches, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning, until golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Stir the broth mixture and add to the pan along with snap peas &, artichoke hearts. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the snap peas are tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it into the vegetables, and simmer until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in herbs.
VERDICT: yummy and so fresh. I served this with homemade rice-a-roni and a green salad. My poor bachelor friend didn't know what hit him.