About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Slow Cooker Turkey Chili...YUMMY

So tonight's dinner was yummy turkey chili that I adapted from an old recipe I had...It's yummy and clean and cooks all day in the slow cooker and ready when you get home.














Clean Turkey Chili

Serves 7


1 tbsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 onion, diced
5 tomatoes, diced
1 small can of hunt's tomato sauce
1 large can of hunt's tomato sauce
1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed
1 cup of water (or more if you want thinner chili)

add the oil to a pan, add garlic, onions & turkey and cook until turkey is all cooked.  Place meat mixture and remaining ingredients in the crockpot and mix well.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

VERDICT: next time I will double this recipe...YUMMY and very nice on a cool night, it was hard saving lunch for hubby and I tomorrow oh and a bonus it's only about 250 calories per bowl.  Here's a tip try these great slow cooker liners by Reynolds...talk about cutting cleaning in half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment