About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Dreaming of Lemon Chicken...

So I love lemon chicken but I hate that when you order it from a Chinese restaurant it's deep fried and loaded with greasy calories and I usually end up with a total stomach ache because I ate all that plus fried rice.

So here's a good sub for that greasy craving.



Stir Fry Lemon Chicken
Serves 6

2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
3 cups snow peas
1 cup bell peppers, sliced
1 bundle of green onions, diced
3/4 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
2 lemons
4 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp pepper
 
  1. zest lemon and save 1 tsp for later (I used a little more)
  2.  juice lemons, mix in broth, soy sauce, pepper & cornstarch, mix and set aside
  3. spray a large skillet with cooking spray and sautee chicken until done.  Transfer to a plate
  4. respray skillet, add in bell peppers & sliced carrots and saute for about 5 minutes (I usually add a little bit of water to steam/saute)
  5. add snow peas, green onions, zest and garlic and saute a few more minutes until you can smell that lovely sell.
  6. re-mix the sauce and add into the veggies until sauce thickens.
  7. add chicken and rewarm and cook until done.  Serve with rice
VERDICT: this was good, my family loved it and it had a nice little tang to it.  There is quite a bit of prep for this but once it's all done putting it all together is easy.  I served this with rice that I added a bunch of herbs to and a little bit of butter in my rice cooker and roasted asparagus (add extra points of course)...

Calories: 214
Fat: 2
Fiber: 3
Momentum Points: 4


No comments:

Post a Comment