About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chicken & Spinach Roll Up Parmesan Style

So my family loves chicken parmesan and they love stuffed chicken breasts so what do you get when you put them together...yummy goodness.






Chicken & Spinach Roll Ups

Parmesan Style
Serves 9

9 chicken cutlets, pounded thin
salt & pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs or egg beaters
10 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry
1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
Olive Oil spray (I use my Misto)
1 small jar of pasta sauce
4 slices of mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 450 and lightly spray a baking dish.  Wash, dry and season chicken cutlets with cooking spray.

In one dish beat the eggs.  In another dish mix the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese and set aside.


In a bowl mix the spinach, ricotta & mozzarella cheese.

Stuff each chicken breast with about 2 tbsp of spinach mixture, roll up and dip in egg then in the breadcrumb mixture.  Place in baking dish seam side down.

Repeat with remaining chicken.

Spray the chicken with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes top with spaghetti sauce and bake for another 10 minutes or until chicken is done.  Top with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Calories: 269
Fat: 7
Fiber: 1.5
Weight Watchers Momentum Points: 6

VERDICT: so yummy and everyone loved it.  I even have lunch for tomorrow for hubby and myself.  I served this with a side of pasta and sauteed green beans.

TIP: to really get your spinach squeezed dry wrap it in a old towel or rag and squeeze it out...no more lost spinach.

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment