About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Today was the 1st real cold day we have had this winter...this morning it was 24 degrees outside and when my husband got home tonight it was a whopping 34 degrees.  So how do you deal with it...warm soup...

So tonight it's yummy loaded baked potato soup with salad and bread...








Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Serves 6
1 1/2 cups per serving

2 lbs baked potatoes, cooked, peeled & roughly chopped
1 medium head of cauliflower
2 cups of fat free chicken broth
2 cups of milk (we used 1%)
salt & pepper (next time I will add more)
1 tbsp of xanthan gum
1 cup fat free sour cream, divided
6 tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese
6 tbsp chopped chives or green onions
3 slices of cooked & crumbled bacon


In a large pot with a steamer basket cook the cauliflower until soft.  Drain cauliflower and put it back in the pot. 

Add in the potatoes and chicken broth.  Mash until smooth. 

Add in milk, s&p, sour cream & xanthan gum (this thickens it up). 

Blend until smooth and simmer for about 10 minutes. 

Ladle into a bowl and top with cheese, bacon, chives sour cream.

VERDICT: the whole family loved this and the kids didn't even know there was cauliflower in there...I served this with a green salad & parmesan herb rolls from Trader Joe's


Momentum Points: 5
Calories: 277
Fat: 5
Fiber: 5
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment