About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thai Anyone?

So I was craving Pad Thai  but most of all I was craving the peanut sauce but going out to dinner anywhere with my family is not exactly healthy or easy on the pocket book so I found this recipe and decided to try it.  Peanut noodles have never tasted so good and boy did it hit the spot.












Peanut Noodles


3/4 lb spaghetti or linguine (I used TJ's High Fiber Spaghetti)
2 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen)
2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
1/2 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water + 1 Tablespoon
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1 green onion, diced
3/4 inch fresh ginger (I actually have a jar of this in my fridge)
2 tbsp brown sugar, lightly packed
1/8 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts

Directions:
Cook pasta in until al dente, add in broccoli & peas until done (I actually removed my veggies when done so not to over cook). Drain and set aside.

Toast peanuts until fragrant, around 3 minutes. Set aside.


Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, scallion, ginger, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a blender. Puree until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Adjust accordingly.

In a large serving bowl, mix pasta with 3/4 cup peanut sauce, stirring thoroughly to combine. Top with veggies and pour remaining sauce over everything. Serve with roasted peanuts on top.



Serves 6 (1 cup pasta & veggies)
Weight Watchers Momentum Points: 9

VERDICT: Yep this hit the spot...You can add anything you want to this.  Grilled chicken would be wonderful and I think I will cut back on the peanuts next time to save some points and I don't think the brown sugar did much for it (forgot to add it 1st)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment