About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Monday, February 13, 2012

Shrimp & Asparagus in a Garlic Herb Cream Sauce

I love shrimp & asparagus and if it comes with a creamy sauce...Oh Baby!!!

Tonight for dinner was sweet shrimp, crisp asparagus & pasta in a garlic herb cream sauce...YUMMY!  My family loves shrimp and since it's low in calories I usually add more than the original recipe calls for so adjust as you wish...






Shrimp & Asparagus with Pasta
in a Garlic Cream Sauce

Serves 6



12 oz thin spaghetti (I used Ronzoni's Garden Pasta)
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Garlic Herb Alouette (try to find light)
2 lbs shrimp, peeled & cleaned
3 cups asparagus, lightly steamed (I used a steamer bag)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup fresh basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water.  Drain pasta and stir in Alouette then stir in basil, S&P

When pasta is cooking heat oil in a large skillet and add garlic, sautee for about 1 minutes but don't let garlic burn.  Add in shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.  Add in broth and asparagus and heat for a few minutes and then turn off till pasta is ready.  

Combine the shrimp mixture & pasta mixture and serve.

Serves 6
WW points plus: 10
Calories: 406
Fat: 10
Carbs: 41
Fiber: 4
Protein: 41




VERDICT: this was really good and your points may change is you use whole wheat/high fiber pasta and light alouette (I couldn't find it). 
Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment