About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Steak with Red Wine Reduction Sauce

Serves 4

21 DF Containers: 1R, 1tsp, 1/4Y

 

 

 

 

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil (3tsp)
2 (8-ounce) top sirloin steaks, trimmed (4R)
3/8 teaspoon sea salt, divided 
3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided 
3 tablespoons minced shallots
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup full-bodied red wine (I used a red blend) (1Y treat)
1/2 cup unsalted beef stock 
1 1/2 teaspoons organic butter (1 1/2tsp)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Directions

1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired temp (we like a nice medium rare and remember it will still cook while it rests). Remove steaks from pan. Let stand 5 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add shallots and thyme to pan; sauté 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add wine; cook 2 1/2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add stock; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half and mixture is slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, butter, and mustard; stir with a whisk.

3. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. 


I served this with potatoes that I seasoned with a little olive oil and garlic herb and roasted and also some roasted asparagus.  This came out perfect and tasted so yummy.  Make sure to trim your steaks of all visible fat to keep it healthy.  My family ate this up as usual when I serve steak and potatoes (we will do it a few times a month but that's it usually)...never any leftovers at this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment