21 Day Fix Containers: 1 1/2R, 1Y, 1/2G, 1/2P, 1/2B
- 1 lbs. extra lean ground beef (4R)
- 1.25 lb of lean ground turkey (5R)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice, uncooked (6Y)
- 4 cups roughly chopped cabbage (4G)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (1P)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained (1.5P)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (4B)
- Season and brown ground beef and turkey. Drain off any grease you may have (I usually rinse under warm water to get all the fat off).
- Add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water and diced tomatoes with all the juices. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft (please do not lift lid before 20 minutes is up or else you let all the steam out and the rice needs it to cook properly)
- Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.