About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

what for dinner 10/18/10: Danish Meatballs, Whole Wheat Egg Noodles & California Blend Veggies

Tonight's Feingold dinner is a family favorite...it is from the original blue program book you get when you purchase the program (very worth every penny)...my family loves it and so I do and tonight we made it with ground venison...YUMMY










Danish Meatballs
Serves 6

Meatballs:
1 1/2 lb ground beef (I used ground venison)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tbsp grated onion
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup soft acceptable breadcrumbs

Dill Sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups approved chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp dried dill (I use fresh)
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degree

In a large bowl, combine beef salt, pepper, egg, onion, milk and breadcrumbs.  Shape into 1 inch balls (the one's my hubby made were so NOT 1 inch LOL) and arrange on a rack in a broiler pan.  Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until browned.

While meatballs are cooking prepare dill sauce by melting butter in a medium saucepan and stir in flour.  Stir in broth, salt and dill.  Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.  Remove from  heat and stir in sour cream or yogurt. 

Serve with rice or noodles and pour sauce over meatballs

VERDICT: these are good, a family favorite I liked them even better made with venison. My kids are them all up and my daughter had seconds.  You can even make this as an appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment