About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

what for dinner 10/19/10:Potato Kielbasa Skillet with buttered Spaghetti Squash

Tonight's Feingold friendly meal was a hit with the family...Potato Kielbasa Skillet with spaghetti squash w/ butter and cheese.







 Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Serves 4


Ingredients

  • 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions

  • Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
  • In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
  • Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. 
 VERDICT: My family loved this but for me it was a little to sweet and too much fat.  I would probably next time half the oil and spray with cooking spray to saute and I didn't think the bacon did anything for it but overall it was good.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment