About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Monday, October 11, 2010

What's for dinner 10/11/10: Honey-Dijon Pork Tenderloin, Noodles & Baby Broccoli

So tonight's Feingold friendly meal was so good I forgot to take a photo before we dug in, so this is my son's plate after he already ate part of it LOL.  So tonight it is honey-dijon pork tenderloin with noodles & baby broccoli.  This meal is so good you can serve it to company in less than half an hour...now that's my kind of meal.







Honey-Dijon Pork Tenderloin
Serves 6

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 sm. onion, diced
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey

Directions:
1) Flatten pork slices to 1/2 in. thick; sprinkle with salt and pepper.  In large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil in batches until all meat is no longer pink.  Remove and keep warm.

2) In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.  Add garlic, saute 1 minute longer.  Stir in milk, mustard, soy sauce and honey.  Return the pork to the pan; heat through.  Serve with rice or noodles.

VERDICT: very good and super easy.  My family loved it and it is all gone. Just the right amount of sweet with the honey and spice with the dijon mustard, my kids don't like regular dijon mustard but they like this. Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment