About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What's for dinner 10/13/10: Complements from McCormick Recipe Inspirations Shrimp & Pasta Primavera

Okay tonight's pretty Feingold friendly meal is complements of McCormick Recipe Inspirations...these things are so cute and so wonderful and this was just so good and elegant.




Shrimp & Pasta Primavera
Serves 6

Ingredients:
1 package of recipe inspiration and that consists of:
     1 1/2 tsp dill
     1 tsp minced garlic
     1 tsp minced onions
     1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
     1/4 tsp thyme
12 oz linguine
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and devained
4 1/2 cups assorted cut-up fresh veggie
1 cup heavy cream (I used half & half)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

1) cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding shrimp and vegetables during last 3-4 minutes of cooking.  Drain well

2) mix remaining ingredients in same saucepan.  Bring to boil, stirring constantly with whisk.  Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.  Add pasta, shrimp and vegetables; toss to coat well.

VERDICT: this is a family favorite, my family eats it all up and my hubby will take a piece of bread and sop up the sauce...this is nice enough to serve company but doesn't take a long time to cook so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment