About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spiced Honey Cranberry Chicken

Are you ready for something a little bit different but yummy...well here you have it.  I got this from the Clean Eating magazine and with a few changes this can be made Feingold friendly also.


 



Spiced Honey Cranberry Chicken

Serves 4


1 cup brown rice
zest of 1 orange
juice of 1 orange
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp salt, divided
1 cup whole cranberries (I always buy at thanksgiving and then freeze them for later use)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless chicken breast
2 tbsp honey (you can probably use agave also)
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp dried sage

Instructions:
1) cook rice according to directions, first adding in zest to pot then the water.  When rice is cooked through remove from heat and stir in orange juice, paprika & 1/2 tsp salt. (I use a rice cooker)

2) chop cranberries and set aside.  heat oil in a large skillet on medium.  Add chicken, swirl to coat in oil and saute for 3 minutes or until chicken begins to turn golden brown.  Flip breast over and cook for another 3 minutes.

3) Add cranberries, honey 1/4 cup water, mustard, sage and remaining salt to chicken.  Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes.  Cut into thickest part of chicken to check doneness...if still pink continue to cook until done.

4) Remove chicken when done and set aside.  Continue cooking until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.

5) serve

VERDICT: I loved how the rice was diffrent than just plain rice, it was sweet & tart and complemented the cranberries perfectly.  The chicken was nice and my family loved it...ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment