About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Quick, It's Easy, It's Clean and It's kid friendly...Beef Stronanoff

Okay this week has been crazy...one day I literally walked in the house, dropped everything and headed to the kitchen to make super simple beef stroganoff...I had dinner on the table in 15 minutes, how's that for fast!





Beef Stroganoff...

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups wide ww egg noodles
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 cup low sodium beef broth
1/3 cup low fat sour cream (I have also used greek yogurt as a sub)
1 tsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsley, divided
1 lb extra lean ground beef
6 shallots, chopped
8oz container of sliced mushrooms, chopped
Directions:
Cook noodles according to the package directions.

Brown ground beef with mushrooms and shallots until all the way cooked through, drain fat and set meat mixture aside.
Spray a pan with a little EVOO (I have a sprayer that I add olive oil to). Whisk in flour and cook whisking constantly for one minute. Add broth and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook whisking constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream, Dijon, soy sauce, salt, pepper and dill. Cover and keep warm.

Return beef, along with any juices and sauce to skillet. Stir.

Transfer noodles to plates or platter and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining tsp of dill and serve.

VERDICT: what do you want out of a simple meal...it was fast, cheap & easy that the kids gobbled up LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment