About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Sunday, October 24, 2010

what for dinner 10/24/10: Mini Meatloaves, Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus

Oh look how cute...tonight's Feingold friendly meal is mini meatloaves, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus.













Mini Meatloaves
makes about 20 muffin size meatloaves

Ingredients:
1 1/4 lb lean ground beef
1 1/4 lb ground venison (or you can do all ground beef if you like)
2 eggs
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs (make sure they are approved)
8 oz tomato sauce (we are testing in stage 2 foods)
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350
  2. Mix all ingredients (except cheese but you can if you want) until well combined
  3. Spray a muffin tin or 2 with cooking spray
  4. With a ice cream scoop spoon into muffin cups
  5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
  6. Add cheese to top of muffins (if you did not mix it in already) and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
Verdict: well with my family of 5 there was only 5 left over, my oldest son had 4 of them.  I like these because they are portion controlled and easy to pack in lunches.  I was hoping for a meatloaf sandwich tomorrow but I am out of luck...I swear I have to make a meatloaf just for the sandwiches LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment