About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

What's for dinner 10/30/10: Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken, Rice & Mixed Veggies

Tonight's Feingold friendly meal is an all time favorite, complements of a soup can label.  I have been making this for years and everyone loves it.  I have adapted the original recipe to make it go with the program.  This is usually done in the crockpot but can be done in the oven also. So here it is...creamy italian chicken.








 Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken
Serves 6

 Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I use my homemade italian dressing mix)
  • 1/3 cup water (don't need it with the homemade soup)
  • 1 package (8 ozs.) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ozs.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I use 2 cups of my homemade cream of mushroom soup)
  • 1 can (4 ozs.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
  • Cornstarch (enough to thicken)
  • Hot cooked rice or noodles
Original Directions:
Place the chicken breast halves in a slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour cream cheese mixture over chicken. Cook 1 to 3 hours longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve Italian chicken with rice or hot cooked noodles.

My Directions: 
I add the chicken to the crockpot, top with mushroom, then mix soup, cream cheese & italian dressing and pour over the chicken.  After it is cooked I pull out the chicken & shred it.  I turn the pot to high and add cornstarch to thicken sauce and then add in the chicken and make sure it is hot.

Note: this can be done in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes also


VERDICT: Like I said this is a family favorite.  We have it at least once a month (and we don't repeat many meals) the sauce is to die for and I could eat it alone with just rice...YUMMY!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment