Tonight's Feingold friendly meal is a family favorite that I have been making for years. It's original recipe I got off a can of cream of mushroom soup. To make this Feingold approved I used my own homemade cream of mushroom soup and did not add the water since my soup is not condensed and doesn't need anything to thin it out. I also added some corn starch to thicken it a bit. I served tonight's dinner with rice and sauteed squash & asparagus.
Beef and Mushroom Dijon
- 1 1/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick (I used venison)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
2 (10.75 ounce) can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup(I used 2 cups of homemade cream of mushroom soup)
1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat 1 minute. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until tender. Remove vegetables. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Add soup,
water, mustard and vegetables and heat through.
VERDICT: Like I said I adapted this recipe, we have been making this for years and it's great over rice or noodles (I prefer rice). My family loves it and tonight my daughter ate all her food and 1/2 of my oldest son's meal and there was no leftovers for hubby's dinner...