About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Something a little diffrent...Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie

Just in time for the holidays...something a little different.  I have been making this for years, can't remember where I got the recipe but after we tried it we have to make it at least once a year.  Who would have thought the combo of peanut butter and and pumpkin would have worked but it does and yes it's Feingold friendly







Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie
Serves 8
3 eggs
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 c. light cream or half and half
1 (9 inch) single crust pie shell, unbaked (I used Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pie Crust recipe)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat eggs. Add pumpkin, both sugars, peanut butter, spice; beat well. Gradually add light cream, beating until blended. Pour into prepared crust and bake 65 to 70 minutes or until tests done. Let cool. 


VERDICT: well my pie crust wasn't perfect, it was chewy not flaky but still okay and the pie filling its self was just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment