About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Friday, November 12, 2010

What's for dinner 11/13/10: Nacho's with a great cheese sauce

So with it being Friday we had easy dinner tonight and had nachos.  All the basics but we made cheese sauce and I wanted to share it.  I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com.  Of course I had to adapt it to make it Feingold friendly but it was good.


Nacho Cheese Sauce
Serves 6

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 7 slices processed American cheese (I used sliced Tillamook cheddar)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Pour in the milk and stir until the mixture thickens. Stirring constantly, mix in cheese and salt. Continue to cook and stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended, about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment