About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's for dinner 11/10/10: Sausage & Chicken Kabob my style with smashed potatoes

Last night's Feingold friendly meal was complements of Taste of Home's website but tweeked my style and it turned out great...Sausage & Chicken stir fry with smashed red potatoes (mixed with butter and organic sour cream).










(Sorry about the blurry photo and paper plates LOL)


Sausage & Chicken Kabobs
Serves 6-8


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used lemon juice)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Morton's natural seasoning)
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
  • 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes 
  • 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (I used canned)

Directions

  • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the chicken and sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
  • Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender, stirring twice.
  • Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, potatoes, sausage and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning frequently.

Last night I just sauteed everything with the marinade since I didn't have time to marinade and I added veggies and it worked really well.  I served my smashed red potatoes on the side

VERDICT: this was still just as good as the kabobs but a lot faster and easier for when you forget to defrost the chicken or are in a hurry like my life usually is.  Everyone loves the combo and the marinade is good also.

No comments:

Post a Comment