(Sorry about the blurry photo and paper plates LOL)
Sausage & Chicken Kabobs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon
Worcestershire sauce(I used lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Morton's natural seasoning)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (I used canned)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the chicken and sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender, stirring twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, potatoes, sausage and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning frequently.
Last night I just sauteed everything with the marinade since I didn't have time to marinade and I added veggies and it worked really well. I served my smashed red potatoes on the side
VERDICT: this was still just as good as the kabobs but a lot faster and easier for when you forget to defrost the chicken or are in a hurry like my life usually is. Everyone loves the combo and the marinade is good also.