Tonight for your dessert taste buds a Feingold friendly dessert worth every penny. I got this from the Taste of Home website. This cake cooks in the crockpot. It's warm, fudgy and if you have a craving for chocolate this will sure enough fix that. Just a warning: you need ice cream with this...it's super rich!
Hot Fudge Cake
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In another small bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream.