About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's for dinner 11/14/10: Korean Beef Barbecue, Herb Rice & Artichokes

So tonight's Feingold friendly meal was a freezer meal, so easy to prep ahead of time, then just take it out, defrost & cook...Korean Beef Barbecue






Korean Beef Barbecue
Serves 4
1 pound sirloin steak
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
1 tablespoon mirin (rice wine) or sherry
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (I omited this since I didn't have it)
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked
olive oil cooking spray

Prep & Freeze instructions:
1) If you have time, freeze the meat for 30 minutes to make slicing easier. Using a sharp knife, cut the steak diagonally across the grain into 1⁄4 inch thick slices.

2) In a large ziptop bag, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic. Add the steak strips and turn to coat. Affix the cooking label and place flat in the freezer. Make sure to keep your skewers for later.


Cooking instructions
Thaw
1) Heat the grill or grill pan to high heat .
 
2) Remove the steak from the bag, discarding the remaining marinade. Soak the skewers for 15 minutes. Thread the steak onto wooden skewers.
 
3) Grill the skewers 3-5 minutes, turning once, remove the skewers, and serve immediately.

VERDICT:
I served this with herb rice and artichokes, even though I overcooked the meat (I broiled it) it was really good my family ate it all up (maybe that is because they knew I was cooking dessert (next post) but they ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment