About Me

My photo
Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken Stir-fry with Thai Peanut Sauce

So tonight's super yummy Feingold & Clean Eating.  Yummy chicken with a sweet peanut sauce, brown rice & roasted asparagus with dry italian dressing mix (homemade not a package). dinner was wonderful

I am only going to post the recipe for the sauce as a saute is what you want to make of it.  I did chicken tenderloins, straw mushrooms, bamboo shoots and baby carrots.


Chicken with Thai Peanut Honey Sauce

Serves 7

1/4 c. pure honey (or agave)
1/4 c. natural peanut butter
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (optional, I omited it)
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (I used Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
1 tsp crushed chili peppers (I omited this due to FG)

Directions:

Stir together the honey, peanut butters, soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.  Add to your stir fry when you are ready


VERDICT: very good...my kids loved it and I can see this as a really nice dipping sauce for chicken also.  I will be doing this again


2 comments:

  1. Hi: I found your blog when I was looking for FG recipes. Thanks for sharing. The lasagna roll ups sound delicious. Now I must look into clean eating. Blessings, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I can help...I found alot of info on clean eating with Tosca's website http://www.eatcleandiet.com/ and her book is great. It is wonderful and can be mixed with Feingold pretty easily...good luck Terri and thanks for stopping by...oh and the lasagna roll ups are wonderful but not good if you are still on Stage 1 FG.

    ReplyDelete