Oh yummy clean eating lasagna rolls...how could it get any better oh yeah and they are portion controlled?
Lasagna Roll Ups
10 whole wheat lasagna noodles (try Bob's Red Mill brand)
1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 small diced onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
28oz can of crushed organic tomatoes
8 oz all natural tomato sauce
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
15 oz ricotta cheese
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed & squeeze dry
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
heat oven to 400
1) Cook lasagna noodles per directions, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside
2) heat oil in a large skillet, add onions & garlic and cook until onions are soft. Add in meat of choice and brown until no longer pink. Add in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce & spices and simmer until bubbly & thick.
3) in a bowl mix 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, egg and spinach until mixed well.
4) in a baking pan, spread about 1 1/2 cups of sauce on the bottom.
5) lay out 1 sheet of pasta, spread some of the cheese mixture on the noodle and roll up. Place seam side down in the tomato sauce...repeat with remaining noodles & cheese
6) pour remaining tomato sauce on top of noodles, cover and bake for about 25 minutes.
7) uncover and top with remaining cheese and cook until the cheese is melted...
VERDICT: very good...I love the portion control of this and the cinnamon & nutmeg add such a wonderful flavor and scent to the sauce...YUMMY!!! Also if you wanted to you can cook 9 noodles and make a lasagna out of this...I have even done it so you don't have to precook the noodles and just add some water to the sauce and cook for about 30-45 minutes...
- Have you ever looked at what is in foods these days? Have you ever wondered why life has gotten so crazy that we all rely on processed "quick" foods and fast foods? Well I have had my eyes opened recently when we started to realize our oldest child could be ADD. I decided to clean up our diets and turn out lives around. I am a woman, married to a wonderful man who supports everything I do. We have 3 wonderful children who keep us on our toes and every day when I pick them up from school the first things out of their mouths is "mommy what's for dinner" so here it is...